We love celebrations of any kind, especially when it involves expanding families. Some may roll their eyes when they think of baby showers, but these parties don’t have to be over-the-top cutesy or involve ridiculous games. If you’re looking for a few alternatives to traditional baby showers, we have a few that you’re going to love:
· Book Shower: In lieu of traditional baby gifts, why not gift children’s books instead? The shower could be book themed and hosted at a library or coffee shop. The parents-to-be would leave with treasured books the child can keep for a lifetime.
· Diaper Drop: If there’s one thing every new parent needs more of – it’s diapers. Host an open house where guests can stop by during the day to chat with the parents-to- be, grab something to eat and drop off some diapers and wipes.
· Throw a “sprinkle.”: A “sprinkle” is the lite version of the traditional shower. Usually given for women who already have at least one older child, a sprinkle is low-key and laid-back: casual invitations, no games, light fare. For the mom who doesn’t want a big fuss, a sprinkle is the perfect fit.
· Sip and See: Depending on the culture where you live, a Sip and See is hosted by either friends or the happy parents themselves. It’s held after baby arrives, and like a sprinkle, there are rarely games (baby will probably be sleeping, eating or fussing!)—it’s more about eating and talking than focusing on the parents opening gifts.
A Sip and See is a particularly fitting choice when a baby joins the family through adoption.
· Meal Train: Speaking of easy meals, one of our favorite things to organize to make new parents’ lives easier is a Meal Train. It’s such a hectic time after the baby arrives, and one of the best gifts you could ever give a parent is food. They will let out a huge sigh of relief when they open that refrigerator door and see food waiting for them.
There are many other options when it comes to planning a baby shower and we’re here to help! Contact NINE10 Coastal Concierge for all of your party-planning needs!
#nine10coastalconcierge #nine10 #conciergeservices #concierge #babyshowers #alternativestobabyshowers #sprinkles #itsagirl #itsaboy #personalassistant #lifestylemanagement #lifestyleblog #partyplanner #partyplanning #diaperdrop #bookshower #mealtrain #family #growingfamily #adoption #wilmingtonnc #wilmington