As I write this post, there is less than a week left until Christmas. Uh oh!
Have you bought a gift for everyone on your list yet? Well if you haven’t, you better hurry. Next thing you know it will be Christmas and you won’t have anything to put under the tree.
I love to buy gifts, especially useful gifts. Sometimes I go for the silly ones or just ask what that person actually wants and will use. Other times, I just want to buy something cool, like a new gadget or something made from recycled material. I often use Uncommon Goods or Gifts.com for ideas. Most of the time, if possible, I shop small and buy local. This year, I purchased several local items at Blue Moon Gift Shops from local artisans and they have extended holiday hours.
There are a lot of techy items but nowadays everything is revolving around technology.
Of course, if you feel crafty you can make your own gift. If you follow NINE10’s Instagram, you know that I enjoy knitting and made a few of my holiday gifts. I’ll post pictures after the holidays as to not to ruin the surprise for the gift recipients ;-) In my opinion, the best place in Wilmington to find local yarns and fabrics and the best classes, if you want to learn, is at The Noble Thread in Chandler’s Wharf on Water Street downtown.
Pay attention while you are having conversations for what they “secretly” wish for or just go with your gut feeling when deciding what is the right gift for her/him. The most important part is to be personal, to show that you’ve put an effort in choosing this particular item for that person, and even if they don’t like it, they will appreciate the fact that you’ve tried.
Here are some gifts that Santa and I think will be hit this year:
1. Wearable Technology - Fitbit, Samsung, Garmin, even the designer watches (Movado, Michael Kors, Fossil, Salvatore Ferragamo, etc.) have jumped on the smartwatch bandwagon.
2. Any of the streaming devices and services - seems like everyone is trying to get rid of cable so here are some suggestions: Disney+, Hulu, Chromecast, Amazon Prime, etc.
3. Wine /Cheese/ Beer of the month club.
4. Fluffy, soft throw blanket - Another universal, last minute, not sure-what-to-buy gift.
5. Coffee/ Tea gift set - I know it’s “old news” but it is simple and classic. Perfect for coffee or tea drinkers.
6. Silly or Uncommon gifts
7. Swell water bottle - do some good while shopping for a gift!
8. Monthly box subscription – what is that, you ask? Every month they send you little things like, creams, makeup, jewelry even. There are some companies that do clothes…. Birchbox, Sephora, Stichfix, etc.
9. Pet Gifts or Subscriptions – put together a gift basket for the pet parent in your life or purchase a monthly subscription like BarkBox.
10. Concierge Services (of course!) – purchase a gift certificate for concierge services for that friend, family member or colleague in your life. If you purchase a gift certificate and choose to purchase concierge services for yourself, you will receive one month of any concierge services at half price. Gift certificates can be purchased here.
I hope you got inspired with this post. Hurry to the store before it’s out of the items you want or it’s closed. I wouldn’t recommend online shopping at this point, unless you want to pay expedited shipping.
Have Fun and Happy Holidays!
#nine10coastalconcierge #conciergeservices #happyholidays #merrychristmas #christmas #giftideas #lastminuteshopping #lastminutegiftideas #monthlysubscriptions #subscriptions #holidaygiftideas #bluemoongiftshops #thenoblethread #giftcertificates #personalassistant #lifestyleblog #lifestyle #wilmingtonnc #womanownedbusiness #shopping #businessservices